"Neil is extremely personable, with a soothing and understanding persona that makes sharing uncomfortable truths really easy. Coaching and counselling sessions with Neil exceeded my expectations! He helped me overcome crippling anxiety." (Tracy)
A Unique Coach and Counsellor
Here are the top 5 reasons why I'm unique:
- I am a trauma informed therapist, specializing in anxious adults who want to be happier and healthier.
- I combine Counselling and Coaching to move your forward, because this is the type of therapist I think works best.
- I give every client notes and a check-in after the session to make sure you get the most from it.
- I work flexibly and I can come to you, meet you at my place, or go outside! My sessions are 1 hour (not the normal 50 minute counselling hour) but sometimes I can offer a few more minutes if we need it, for free.
- I have a policy of being TOTALLY AFFORDABLE to all. I want to make sure you can access help when you need it.
First Session Is Only £27
- After this pay according to what you can afford: £75/£55/£45 for 1 Hour (High/Low/No income).
- I have a money-back guarantee - I know that you will love the session!
If you are having financial difficulties I offer a concession rate. Please contact me to ask for a further concession - I'm very open to this. I have a policy that I never let someone's financial situation get in the way of working with you.
What happens in a session?
- Welcoming and agreements - making sure you feel safe and warmly welcomed (all parts of you)
- A grounding practice - to help regulate your nervous system
- Listening and reflecting - to understand your situation and feelings
- Coaching and counselling - a variety of modalities, such as:
- Counselling: Person Centred Counselling (Carl Rodgers)
- Coaching: GROW Coaching (Sir John Whitmore)
- Working with 'thoughts': CBT, DBT and 'The Work' (Byron Katie) to explore and open up unhelpful thoughts.
- Working with 'trauma' and 'emotions' through Compassionate Enquiry ( Dr. Gabor Maté) to bring kindness and love into the process.
- Embodied work using Somatic Experiencing - to help relax the nervous system and access underlying Trauma.
- Working with 'parts' through Internal Family Systems and Voice Dialogue and the Drama Triangle to create a playful way of exploring tricky patterns and self-criticism.
- Working with NLP and Clean Language - using metaphor and language to help people access hidden beliefs and release them.
- Wrapping up with actions, celebrations and sending you useful notes to help
After 25 odd years of therapies, and self-help techniques, it can take a *lot* to impress me. I'm deeply impressed with the approach and coaching abilities of Neil! (Julie C)