Supporting You In Your Personal Healing and Growth
"Neil is extremely personable, with a soothing and understanding persona that makes sharing uncomfortable truths really easy. Coaching and counselling sessions with Neil exceeded my expectations! He helped me overcome crippling anxiety." (Tracy)
A Unique Coach and Counsellor
Here are the top 5 reasons why I'm unique:
- I work both In person (Stroud and Bristol) or Online I work flexibly and I can come to you, meet you at my place, or go outside! My sessions are 1 hour (not the normal 50 minute counselling hour) but sometimes I can offer a few more minutes if we need it, for free.
- I am a trauma informed therapist, specializing in anxious adults who want to be happier and healthier.
- I combine Counselling and Coaching to move your forward, because this is the type of therapist I think works best. I even do group workshops and Rejection Therapy. I also work with Relationships.
- I give every client notes and a check-in after the session to make sure you get the most from it.
- I have a policy of being TOTALLY AFFORDABLE to all. I want to make sure you can access help when you need it.
First Session Is Only £27
- After this pay according to what you can afford: £75/£55/£45 for 1 Hour (High/Low/No income).
- IN PERSON: In Stroud we can meet at my house. In Bristol I can meet at yours for +£10 (for travel) or in a therapy room for +£20
- Please let me know if you need financial assistance.
What happens in a session?
- Welcoming and agreements - making sure you feel safe and warmly welcomed (all parts of you)
- A grounding practice - to help regulate your nervous system
- Listening and reflecting - to understand your situation and feelings
- Coaching and counselling - a variety of modalities, such as:
- Counselling: Person Centred Counselling (Carl Rodgers): Fundamentally my intention is to help you trust yourself through listening and responding with empathy, genuineness and unconditional acceptance.
- Coaching: GROW Coaching (Sir John Whitmore): Looking at Goals, Reality, Options and Will.
- Working with 'thoughts': CBT, DBT and 'The Work' (Byron Katie) to explore and open up unhelpful thoughts with four meditative questions and finding new perspectives.
- Working with 'trauma' and 'emotions' through Compassionate Enquiry ( Dr. Gabor Maté) to bring kindness and love into the process and acknowledging the positives of our psychological defences and coping mechanisms.
- Embodied work using Somatic Experiencing - to help relax the nervous system and access underlying Trauma by tracking the bodily sensations where trauma and muscle memory link together.
- Working with 'parts' through Internal Family Systems and Voice Dialogue and the Drama Triangle to create a playful way of exploring tricky patterns and self-criticism, rescuing and victimisation via internal parts and patterns of thought and feeling.
- Working with NLP and Clean Language - using metaphor and language to help people access hidden beliefs and release them.
- I find it helpful for clients to wrap up each session with agreed actions, celebrations and sending you useful notes. This is such a rare thing and so many clients LOVE IT. If you'd this just let me know.
WANT MORE HELP WITH FULL ACCESS TO NEIL?
After 25 odd years of therapies, and self-help techniques, it can take a *lot* to impress me. I'm deeply impressed with the approach and coaching abilities of Neil! (Julie C)